Here are definitions for some base concepts that are often used in the field of Webdesign:
- Web storage – a service that maintains and manages its customers’ data, including web pages, multimedia files or any other type of content in, order to make it accessible over the internet. The data is stored on servers that are connected to the internet.
- Responsive website – a website with a design that changes according to the device and the window size which is being used.
- Domain – a unique name that a website has on the internet. Domain registry is done by domain registrars who are authorized by the country. Each country has a typical extention like .uk in United Kingdom or .il in Israel.
- Web page upload time – the time it takes to transfer data from the server and present it on the screen.
- User experience (UX) – the kind of experience a user has while interacting with a website.
- Content management system (CMS) – a program used to manage, edit and publish contents of a website.
- Search engine optimization (SEO) – the process of increasing the quality and quantity of website traffic through organic search engine results. Organic results, unlike paid ads, don’t require payment.
- SSL certificate – a secure connection is a connection between two computers which is encrypted. Use of a secure connection makes sure that information transferred between the sides is protected from hacking. This is achieved through an SSL certificate. A basic SSL certificate is available for free. Payment is required to get a certificate with insurance and warranty.